Thursday, December 27, 2012
2013 New Year's Resolutions
If my family had joined me for Christmas in my home in West Virginia, we'd have woken up to a white Christmas! I'd heard that we had gotten snow on the day and when I stepped off Amtrak last night, there were four inches and gale-force winds!
Picture this - you step off the train with your weekend-size suitcase with wheels and trudge a block to your house through slush and snow (uphill) with the wind whipping right through your puffy brown coat! That was me last night at 6 pm :) I chose to walk in the nearly snowless paths that cars had forged which, of course, meant I was walking in the road. Drivers were patient with me and one young woman stopped and rolled her window down, offering me a ride home. So sweet! I thanked her and told her that I was half a block from home; I could do this. What a work out! A much-needed workout to begin to burn all those nasty and oh, so good Holiday calories and pounds that I've most definitely put on. Ugh...
Months ago, I bought the entire Zumba series of exercise DVDs and gave two to my daughter yesterday. I am determined to lose 30 pounds. Yes, I am and I will! I love to dance and I'm Puerto Rican - what better way to lose weight dancing to merengue, salsa, cumbia, and a bit of belly dancing. It's on! I lost 30 pounds last spring and looked my best (for my age), but winter came again and so did the weight.
20 New Year's Resolutions and daily schedule - subject to change or change importance whenever I want them to!
1. Walk Ozzy shortly after waking up, drink 8 ounches of water first
2. Eat a yoghurt and drink a glass of water before coffee
3. Stretch and do not fire up the laptop just yet!
4. Warm up and do the 60 minute Zumba routine
5. Cool down with meditation and prayer and water
6. Fire up laptop, check emails, Facebook and like something or write a status update so that my kids know I'm alive :) At this time, make coffee with low fat half and half
7. Throw out all the old food in fridge and go grocery shopping for healthy foods! No more fast food until never!
8. Take Ozzy for his noon walk and eat a salad for lunch
9. Write my blog and DO NOT watch The View or CNN!
10. Do not turn on television, at all and finish that editing.
11. Write query letters and send out!
12. Delete phone numbers for Anthony's Pizza and China King!
13. Throw out all size 14 and 12 jeans and clothing!
14. Continue walking instead of starting the car and driving; do NOT stop at Habanero's for a steak burrito!
15. Continue reading and learn to review books that my friends have written!
16. Continue to keep up with other author's blogs and their book updates
17. No more painting (wall or canvas) or Pinterest projects this winter and spring!
18. Order new bathing suit instead of waiting until summer when the pickings are slim to none in my size!
19. Start wearing my size 10 shorts in the house, tight waist and all!
20. Be happy, healthy and productive this 2013! Be published and more focused next year!
Peace and love,